Saturday, April 4, 2009

my-now-favorite-song: deciphered

deciphered lyrics of my-now-favorite-song...tnx to passion/fashion

Flightless bird, American mouth
Iron and Wine

I was a quick wet boy, diving too deep for coins
(I am who I was, trying hard to be at my best)

All of your street light eyes wide on my plastic toys
(then you came and made me fall)

Then when the cops closed the fair, I cut my long baby hair
(but when the world disapproved me, I showed them who I want to be)

Stole me a dog-eared map and called for you everywhere
(you showed me my direction, I will long for no one else but you)

Have I found you
(Are you really mine now?)

Flightless bird
(you said you won’t leave me),

jealous
(the world envy me for having you),

weeping or lost you
(but then I lost you),

american mouth
(for me american mouth signifies idioms or better words said)

Big pill looming
(a danger was posted)

Now I’m a fat house cat
(found myself at home)

Nursing my sore blunt tongue
(trying to cure a broken heart)

Watching the warm poison rats curl through the wide fence cracks
(pushing myself to move on)

Kissing on magazine photos
(yet memories of you help me not to)

Those fishing lures thrown in the cold
(my love was just swept away)

And clean blood of Christ mountain stream
(Yet i still see hope)

Have I found you
(Have you really been part of my life?)

Flightless bird
(who once told won’t leave me),

grounded
(I believed),

bleeding
(and am now deeply hurt)

or lost you, american mouth
(I lost you)

Big pill stuck going down
(but you still can find me).

No comments:

Post a Comment