Wednesday, August 1, 2012

LSS again: One And Only...

You’ll never know
If you’ll never try
To forgive your past and simply be mine
I dare you to let me be
Your one and only
I promise I’m worth it
To hold in your arms
So, come on… maketh me a chance
To prove that I’m the one who can
Walk that mile…until the end starts

Until the end starts… this very line got me really hooked…aside from the “hope” it proposes…for me…it’s just so deep. Who could’ve thought that and end could start?

I mean…well, we all know that with every ending there’s a beginning of something. But for me, as how I see it, it’s an ultimate confession of unconditional and eternal love…because, again for me…one is willing to be there even if it’s the end…maybe end of the relationship, or ending of one’s existence, end of the world…et cetera… “Walk that mile…until the end starts…” To be there, to be that willing despite the unknown…brings a lot of hope. I can say so because we are used to hearing, "I will be with till the end"...see the difference? See the "hope" I'm talking about?

On a technical note...The song, in general, sounds generic…the melody, the lyrics…but, Adele (oh…hands down to her as always) is still commendable…again, as always…duh! (laughs)

With here power voice, nothing seems to go wrong. Not only that, she sings with her heart…but you can actually feel the pain...every emotion is felt when she sings.

And though, many say that this particular song, indeed, sound generic/common and that the lyrics is a bit shallow and oh, desperate…I must insist that Adele and her songs have obviously big difference from other songs nowadays…that is…they contain real feelings. Period.

Isn’t it obvious I love Adele. hehehe


No comments:

Post a Comment