Monday, June 18, 2007

IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES...

As I was on my way back here in Davao this morning after spending my weekend back home (which, is, by the way, a must in the family if I don't want to face my father's wrath), news about the bombings in Cotabato and Bansalan was repeated for a couple of times on tv (inside the bus). Having seen the news for the nth time, of course, I was nervous, fidgeting, and scared to death. Well, I knew 'bout the bombings before I enter the bus but the fact that I don't have a clue wether there's a bomb in the bus, how can I not be scared? Anyway, while having mixed emotions over it, I came to realize significant things in my life and started asking myself, what if there's a bomb in the bus? (thank GOd there was none during my trip)
...
We are all aware that no one really knows the future [except GOD, of course]. If you really have such an awareness, can you say that you have lived your life to the fullest? Have you been a good person? Have you learned from your mistakes and used such learnings to be a better person?
...
Have you told your family especially your parents how much you love them and how much thankful you are for the things they've given you especially the "unconditional love" they have for you? Have you done something for them?
...
Have you thanked your friends for the friendship, for the good experiences, for the happy moments you had with them?
Have you already told the person you love that you love him/her and how much you care for him/her?
Have you given something good to your community and to mother nature?
Have you asked forgiveness to all of those you've hurt?
Have you tried the things you want to try?
Have you done the things you wanna do?
Have you gone to the places you wanna go to?
Have you eaten the food you want to eat?
Have you seen the things or the people you've been looking for or you've been dying to meet?
Do you already have good memories that you can take with you?
Can you say that you are happy or that you were able to make other people happy?
...
There were a lot more questions that occured to me but these were the questions I was pondering over during the trip I had this morning, a trip that has been like a nightmare, the worst thing is that I was awake.
...
As they say, "Anything can happen to anyone". No doubt 'bout it especially nowadays. So have you thought of it?
...
What if tomorrow never comes?

No comments:

Post a Comment