Monday, October 11, 2010

no. 11 -YOU DON'T BRING ME FLOWERS ANYMORE. (poem)


At the balcony, she waited patiently
tea in china and freshly baked cookies, ready to be served
after hours worked, it's what he deserved
it was a daily routine, as I have observed.
---
At the balcony, she continued to wait, religiously
with his favorite tea and cookies prepared in perfection
for nothing can go wrong with a calculated action
coupled with her love and determination.
---
At the balcony, she sat still like a lily
the tea has long been gone, the cookies have yet to expire
her body shivered, her eyes were on fire
I saw not rage, but overflowing desire.
---
As she continued to wait at the balcony,
I wondered what that desire could be and what for?
and to the wind she whispered when I thought she would roar,
"...you don't bring me flowers anymore?"

No comments:

Post a Comment